Sunday, March 1, 2015

seeking

I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. The best part about being an introvert is that you don't get bored being alone. To be honest, it's more fun being by yourself because of the vastness of your imagination and all the 'processing' that seems to have no end.

Of course, there isn't only one type of introvert. We aren't homogenous. Even amongst ourselves, we have our individual quirks. Because, for an introvert, I still desire interaction. I love knowing people. I love stories. I love putting pieces of a puzzle together, knowing that this kind of puzzle can never be completed.

How paradoxical that I see no end to knowing a person but in my day-to-day life, I like to organize, compartmentalize, complete, finish, and put an end to things? Like I feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that I can check things off of my to-do list. But that doesn't happen with people. People can't be figured out. People can't be placed under one label. People will continue to confound others. Don't you think that you will find what you are looking for? We want what will become our bag of evidence so our ego can be stroked through pitiful arrogance. If you expect people to be a certain way, you'll end up only seeing people that way.

The worst thing is to be a person who looks for the good in everyone but be troubled with anger.

My anger is something I have yet to learn to be okay with.

I struggle. My struggle is something that that loses meaning when explained into words.

I'm nostalgic. For what has passed, for what once used to be.

I miss things. All the time.

I'm at a loss because I don't know what it is that I am seeking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment